Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Muffin Method in action


I did it!  I made real muffins!  Not cupcakes - but muffins; and I understand what the difference is!  I studied all the reasons that make all the ingredients do what they do in a recipe and then dived on in to the first baking section on "The Muffin Method".  It is so satisfying to "get it" and then see it take shape in reality.  In fact I was so enamoured by it all that I ended up making three different varieties just to see if it would really turn out right every time, and it did! 

The 2 things that I learned outside of the ingredients and the wet/dry method
was that it really is ok to fill the liners up to full.  The chocolate ones were a little flat because I left a little too much room in the liner.  And, Alton Brown must love doing dishes.  This is not a method that tries to keep the mixing all in one bowl.  It wouldn't be a problem, except that other than mopping, dishes are my least favorite chore.  Yes I love to bake, but I hate doing a huge pile of dishes - or a small one for that matter.  I just do it because I hate a messy kitchen worse.  I'll even dare to say I'd rather volunteer to clean the toilets or do laundry in exchange for someone else doing the dishes!  So, other than that I have a new love for fresh baked muffins for breakfast!  I even made my daughter and husband stop and admire the texture and varying sizes of the "holes" on the inside of them before they devoured them.  They too now understand why they were different from cupcakes :)

"Old School Muffins" with white chips on top


"Chocolate Muffins #7"


Rhubarb Muffins - which were my favorite!


They were so delicious, every member of my family was begging for some! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment