Friday, September 7, 2012

Peanut Butter goodness

 
Cookies are always a hit around my house, well, let's face it - all desserts are hit around my house!  But there seems to be a special affection for cookies.  In fact it was the standard chocolate chip cookie that necessitated my KitchenAid stand mixer and started my entire baking career! 
 
While the chocolate chip may hold a special place - there is no better flavor for me than peanut butter.  I really don't care what it's in I'm going to try it!  One of my favorite savory dishes is Thai peanut noodles!  I feel like Dr. Seuss - I could eat it in a boat, I could eat it with a goat. . . . There are so many recipes for peanut butter cookies and it seems like everyone has "the best" one.  I like a cookie that is soft and chewy with intense flavor and these certainly held up to that standard.  They also had (and I say had because they didn't last long!) a melt in your mouth quality to them which I found very enjoyable. 
 
yes, that is a LOT of peanut butter.  There are 2 different colors because I used 2 different brands.



 
We were heading out to the lake right after making these and for an easy dessert to serve around the campfire I added some chocolate chips to  half of the batter and made the resulting cookies into ice cream sandwiches.  Somehow no pictures of those made it onto the camera, however, but I can tell you they were a big hit with yound and old alike! 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment