Saturday, August 17, 2013

Batman Cake


Sometimes the cakes that are the simplest turn out to be so much fun!  I really loved the way this cake turned out.  I especially liked the board with the fun messages on it.  I had that in my mind to do when I was planning the cake and was going to just freehand it, but a couple days before I was at Williams-Sonoma and found these great cookie cutters that can make Spiderman comic cookies and the action bubbles in that kit worked perfectly for this project.



The inside was a snicker doodle cake with a caramel filling.  I can attest to the fact that it tasted really good because Audrey's friend happened to stop by and she ended up putting all of the scraps into zip lock bag and taking them home for a snack.  

I think I'm most proud of how the Bat Signal turned out though because I used a paper stencil and then cut it out by hand!  Black is so hard to make in fondant also, at least if you don't want to use a ton and make it taste horrible.  So I cut it all out and then used my airbrush to color the black parts - except the edge of the signal which I hand painted.  



No comments:

Post a Comment