Saturday, August 10, 2013

layered "firework" cupcakes


In case you are as busy as I am - a while back it was 4th of July :)  Time just flies by!  

I recently decided to try the new Wilton product that allows you to separate the batter in cupcake liners in order to make colorful centers.  Of course because I can never do things the easy way, or apparently practice before I share, I went ahead and tried to layer 2 colors of batter in the center to take to our friends' home for dinner and fireworks.  It's hard to see in the picture but they were obviously red, white and blue.  



These were vanilla gluten free "firework" cupcakes.  I thought they were yummy and I did receive many complements so it must not have been just my opinion :)

I found the batter separator to be great at keeping the batter from mixing together and becoming "muddy".  However, once you take the separator out of the first row and try to move it to another row, the batter drips and if you try to do what I did with 2 colors it can get really difficult to keep it all clean.  

You just have to work slow and careful but overall the device is helpful and fun to use.



No comments:

Post a Comment