Sunday, March 4, 2012

Not just a brownie!

Well, this wasn't actually from my recipe box - but it was a combination of a few recipes that were rattling around in my head and I decided to give them a try together.  First it was a brownie recipe (from The Hershey's chocolate lovers cookbook) and I divided the batter between 24 cupcake wells, with liners and leaving a little bit to add to the top of each one before baking. 
Then I made my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that I got from a wonderful lady that my husband struck up a conversation with at the mall one day; rolled the dough into about 1" balls and put one in each of the middle of the brownie batter.  I nestled the cookie dough pretty well into the batter so that the brownie mostly covered the top, but that isn't really necessary.  They baked up great!  But, I wasn't done!  I made a dark chocolate ganache and an eggless chocolate chip cookie dough too.  I poured a small amount of ganache onto the tops of the cooled brownies, then scooped a ball of the dough onto of that.  Then of course it needed to look pretty so I drizzled a little ganache over the top and a couple crushed almond slices.  Definitely NOT a calorie conscience dessert but apparently one worthy of a wrestling match over the last one by the boys on the high school basketball team :) 

My daughter is coming home from college next week and bringing a friend that has never been to our part of the country before.  We are taking her on a road trip to see the sights and it will be St. Patrick's day coming up, so my mind is swirling with ideas for those 2 topics.  I might have to make a couple different tasty treats. . . I'll let you know what I come up with!

2 comments:

  1. These choco chip cookies+brownies looks more chocolate-y than other recipes I find online! I really want to have a plate right now. Thanks for sharing the recipe. It's a treat for myself for getting my Food Safety Course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Haley. I'm glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete