Thursday, April 19, 2012

fudge and oatmeal oh my










http://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/" class="pin-it-button" count-layout="none">

This is a recipe that I received once at a ladies fellowship for Christmas.  One of them brought these bars and gave everyone the recipe.  I have never made them myself and it had been so many years that I had forgotten how delicious they are!  They can only be described as gooey, decadent chocolate fudge wrapped in the arms of a chewy oatmeal cookie.  They are actually called Chocolate Revel. 

I left the plate on the counter for my daughter to try one when she got home from school.
  She is trying to watch her sugar intake and the first thing I heard from my office minutes after she walked in was "you are a horrible mother".  I walked out to explain that she should try one and she was already finishing her first one :)  When I asked her what would make me so bad she replied that it was because these were far too good!  I just chuckled.  I came back in later and she was contemplating whether or not to have her 3rd.  My husband said I should call them "no chew brownies" because they melt in your mouth so nicely.  For all of our safety - at least our for our waistlines - I am sending all the rest to school tomorrow!

Here is the recipe too if you would like it - thanks to Sarah Brueggemeier for sharing it with me:

Crust: 
1 c. butter
2 eggs
2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp salt
2 c. brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
3 c. oatmeal/quick oats

cream together and spread into a 9x13 pan and a 9x9 pan.  Reserving a portion to crumble on top of chocolate filling.

Filling:
2 c. chocolate chips
15 oz. sweetened condensed milk

melt in saucepan over medium heat.  Then add:
2 Tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
walnuts (opt)

Pour filling over crust & then crumble reserved crust over the filling.  Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment