Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Meringue Week





Pavlova's with berries and lemon curd

As I went through my recipe box this week I found a recipe for "Basic Meringues" and I thought it sounded great!  So I set it out and got ready to make them.  It was definately a recipe I copied again from my mom's box and from the look of the writing I was a bit young.  I turned it over
to read the directions and apparently I didn't write that part out all those years ago!  So again, I found myself reading through recipes on the internet.  On the Cooking Light site I found a great recipe for Pavlovas with pistachio's, berries and lemon curd.  This is my trial and it was quite a hit. 

I really like the meringues - they are so light and chewy, yet melt in your mouth!  I think they would be great for an alternative in Strawberry shortcake also.  I made the pistachio version for Easter dessert and my family loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment