Wednesday, October 17, 2012

White Chocolate Ice Cream



This is one of my very favorite things!  I love ice cream.  It has been a problem actually and I now I have to really watch when & how much I enjoy my favorite dessert :)  But it is custard time in the Alton Brown book of teachings, so ice cream must be made.  Mr. Brown has a recipe for chocolate ice cream with a little kick of cayenne.  I'm sure it is wonderful, but sometimes chocolate ice cream is a little much for me so I thought I would change things up a little.  I decided to use white chocolate instead, which I supposed is really a sweet form of vanilla.  I used espresso white chocolate sauce and ghiradelli white chips. 

the yummy vanilla & white chocolate sauce

then the white chocolate chips

 

custard form
 
into the mixer

then into the freezer

then the best part - into a bowl!
 


When it came out of the freezer I touched it and it was a little spongy and I got nervous but as soon as I started scooping I could tell it was smooth and creamy!  I even got a perfect "tv" scoop to come out for pictures - I knew that was a sign of good things to come once I put my spoon into it.  And I was not disappointed.  It was creamy, velvety smooth and the flavor had that light milky flavor of a white chocolate latte.  I could have eaten the whole quart myself, but I refrained.  I even shared it with Craig.  I will be making this again and again, that is a sure thing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment