Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes


Happy Halloween!  I've been doing quite a bit of pumpkin baking lately, mostly because I love it for this time of year.  But this time it was for our good family friend Hanna's birthday.  She turns 19 today. 

She also loves to read so her mom came up with the idea of putting books on the tops.  I need to work on my sculpting skills a little more, but I think they turned out ok. 



In Hanna's family there is her older brother who's in the military and her dad who is a fire fighter - the cupcakes could not be the standard size!  These were the jumbo kind so they could really know they were getting some cake! 

The batter was nice and thick

It made the cupcakes moist but a little dense and oh so yummy!
 
To top them all off I used a maple cream cheese frosting and a little sprinkling of raw sugar.  I don't usually like to compliment myself - while I'm eating one of my baked goods - but I just couldn't help it this time :) The cinnamon, ginger, cloves & nutmeg combined with the pumpkin to have that perfect fall taste.  It was roll your eyes back and savor the moment good!

No comments:

Post a Comment