Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkin chocolate chip oatmeal cookies

I really can't say how many times Craig has asked me if I'm making cookies when he sees me start to pull the Kitchen Aid across the counter.  The answer most of the time is no, however if it is yes - the next predictable question is "chocolate chip?".  After all, that is the whole reason he actually bought the mixer for me in the first place!  Because of a stupid autoimmune issue (that's still not completely diagnosed) I have lost some strength in my hands and couldn't really stir a good sized double batch of chocolate chip cookies anymore.  Thus, I got my gift.  So every now and then I really do need to make chocolate chip cookies.  But I have really been craving some peanut butter oatmeal cookies and then its also fall. . . it just needed to be a blending - chocolate chip pumpkin oatmeal cookies! 

I don't always get real adventurous in changing recipes, but with all of my Alton Brown studies I'm getting more confident.  I substituted the peanut butter for the pumpkin and added just a titch more flour, along with cinnamon and nutmeg.  Then of course the chocolate chips and a sprinkling of cinnamon/sugar on top made it all complete.  They were moist and chewy deliciousness!  The rusty orange color mixed with the spicy smell just sang out fall. 


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment