Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Truffles and Fudge



It's funny how sometimes calling something a fun name can make it seem like something so much more fancy.  When I was growing up peanut butter balls made their appearance during the holidays pretty regularly, but now they are called truffles.  Ooh la la.  They do look nice all dressed up with some chocolate drizzles though.  The orange ones are oreo truffles (mmhmm, did it again).  I've tasted them before but I had never made them and I don't know why because they are super easy and very yummy.  Just dip them in a fun color and add some jazzed up decorations and voila!

yep, that's the ingredient list for both
 
I love fudge.  How can you not?  It's so creamy and delicious in such a small package.  I use the recipe I found years ago from Hershey, I believe, called "fool proof chocolate fudge".  I change it up a little and make it in different flavors.  I was in the mood for peanut butter this time.
 
18 oz peanut butter chips, 1 can sweetened condensed milk and a dash of salt

let it all melt together, then add a teaspoon of vanilla

put in a waxed paper lined 8" pan and then cut into squares (which I forgot to take a picture of)
 
You can also add nuts - a half of a cup or so.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment