Thursday, June 7, 2012

carrot cake


Last but not least of the muffin method was carrot cake.  I was eager to try this because it is a cake that I don't make very often but I have a recipe that I created of my own.  It is my brother's favorite cake and I made it for his birthday last year.  At that time I didn't have any recipe and after much research and a lot of ones that I didn't like I mish-matched recipes until I came up with what I liked.  I have had many compliments on it and I was curious to see how the recipe in the book compared.  It also worked great as a lure to bring my brother out to my house for the computer repairs that I needed :)

It was a great tip to add the shredded carrots to the dry ingredients before mixing them with the wet because it helps keep the carrots evenly mixed throughout the finished cake. 



While I did like the texture of this cake, I still feel the one I came up with is a bit better.  I use more spice (nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon vs. just cinnamon) and I use crushed pineapple as well as shredded carrots.  But like most cakes, I believe the frosting also makes or breaks it.  I don't use a standard cream cheese - I use one that blends mascarpone and whipping cream with the cream cheese and it is heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment