Friday, June 8, 2012

since I mentioned it

This is the cake that I made for my brother last year.  I wasn't as happy with it as I had hoped to be.  Definitely one of those moments where the image in my head didn't translate as well onto the cake board as I'd hoped, so I was disappointed in it.  Everyone else was happy with it though.  I used my airbrush to make the coloring and a paint brush for the spots.  I was almost done and spilled a little green color on the bottom of the "belly" which really pushed me over the edge of thinking I'd done a good job.  But I will say, this is a carved cake - a carved carrot cake.  Anyone who has ever tried to carve a cake that has shredded carrots and nuts in it must be as crazy as I am.  So in that aspect I thought it turned out really well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment