Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Whew! I'm finally able to post!

It is amazing how connected to a computer my life is!  Everything came to a screeching halt when my fan went out and I couldn't keep my computer on.  I ordered the parts and then had to have the entire laptop disassembled (and I mean every part of it) in order to replace it.  Thank God for my brother and YouTube in order to know how to do it all. 

And of course it all happened right before my youngest daughter's high school graduation!  After a whirlwind of activity and borrowing of computers, I'm finally feeling like I'm getting back on track.  Through it all I did keep baking, though.  I didn't want to get behind in following my plan to get through Alton Brown's book and I'm relieved to finally get the pictures up!

Banana bread was the next thing on the list and it seems like I can never get bananas to last around my house long enough to brown up for baking. Everyone loves them so much they get eaten as fast as I can buy them.  I had to hide a few in a brown paper bag in order to let them brown up and stay around a while. 


The results were well worth it! 
I loved using the muffin method in order to get the texture just right and it was definitely a hit with my entire family.  I believe the comment was "the best banana bread you've ever made".  It had wonderful flavor and just the right texture.  I will be making many more loaves of this recipe, for sure. 

I know it started with measuring correctly also.  I was able to get a digital scale and measure out my dry goods properly.  I used to never even look twice at a recipe that used measured ingredients because it seemed so confusing, but now I'm finding myself frustrated by traditional recipes because I love knowing exactly how much I'm putting in so it can be consistent and exact!



I was also careful to follow Alton's procedures of the way to mix wet and dry ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment