Saturday, August 25, 2012

Baby Shower cake

Sometimes I look at the cakes I've made and I think - hmm, yeah, it's ok.  I am pretty critical of my own work most of the time.  This time though, I really liked it :)  I got the buttercream really smooth and the edges sharp!  I have always wanted to perfect that and it worked out this time. 

Everything is edible - not that you'd want to bite into a gumpaste shoe or bow, but you could.  And being that I'm somewhat of an expert on little girls (I've raised 2 and they are both awesome!) I knew there had to be sparkle involved too.  It's hard to see in this picture but the board was covered in fondant with a scalloped edge and polka dots impressioned into it.  Then it was dusted with pearl dust and disco dust.  The cake itself was snickerdoodle filled with a layer of salted caramel then cinnamon buttercream. 




No comments:

Post a Comment