Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cinnamon spice and everything nice!


This Apple cake is definitely going on my Thanksgiving menu!  It can actually be any time and I would be quite happy.  I made it in the morning and the smell of the cinnamon and spices roused my 18 year old sleeping beauty out of bed - and that is a feat!  I have been long convinced that the best breakfasts are those made of pastry products and this fits perfectly into that.  It was moist and full of apples and spices.  It isn't too sweet either, I had added the glaze onto the top before I knew that just because I wanted to dress it up a bit and that turned out to give it that just "kissed" with sugar taste.  It was also the first time I ever used a bundt pan so I loved the shape too.

I was all ready to go with my ingredients for the proper creaming method
the batter is nice and thick, but surprisingly not very heavy

mmmm. . . . the smell is so good it is truly drool-worthy

 So good still warm - and even better the next morning with a cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment