Monday, August 27, 2012

Light summer time dessert

Sparkling Fruit Salad

This dessert came about because I was looking for a Julia Child recipe to make on her 100th birthday celebration (August 15th).  Since I had been so busy in the early weeks of the month I hadn't planned very well and was looking for something quick and easy.  I found this while browsing through the recipes on the PBS site.  I got all excited that I had the ingredients and set about making it right away.  Then I looked again - and it wasn't a recipe by Julia.  But it is a delicious one.  A very light and refreshing dessert that's perfect for summer. 

It is just cantalope, honey dew melon and watermelon balls, a couple tablespoons of warmed honey poured over the melons and tossed together.  Then put it into whatever serving dish you'd like - I LOVE using bar glasses for dessert - then pour a sparkling wine over the top of the fruit.  I used a sparkling apple cider instead and everyone loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment