Thursday, August 16, 2012

Olympic Themed Camp cakes



What a crazy couple of weeks it was to coordinate 24 cakes for a foster care summer camp!  It was an Olympic theme this year so it did make it fun being right during the Olympics.  Which I have a full on addiction to, I must admit!  It was a lot of fun to see the designs that the 11 other volunteer bakers did too.  I've attached a few of them here.  Free Cakes For Kids Spokane has over 65 volunteer bakers at all different skill levels that provide birthday cakes for underprivileged kids free of charge.  This camp in particular is such a wonderful experience to be a part of.  I never knew that many foster children don't get a celebration for their birthdays - they just slip by unnoticed.  Royal Family Kids Camp and Camp to Belong are 2 organizations that provide a party in the middle of their week long camps and it is very anticipated by the children every year! 

I did keep up with all my regular baking too but all the pictures and the time to post it all just slipped to the bottom of the to-do list.  I'll have that up soon :)




I ended up arriving at the camp a little early and they didn't have the cafeteria set up yet so I was only able to picture the 16 cakes delivered to me the night before but the other 8 were wonderful too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment